Our Pastoral Lineage

1922 -1930: Reverend Earl L. Harrison

Reverend Earl L. Harrison was called by Antioch on January 18, 1922, and he began his tenure in April of that same year.  He was born on January 23, 1891, about three miles from the village of Alto in Cherokee County, Texas.  He was educated in the schools of Cherokee County, East Texas Academy and  Butler College. Reverend Harrison graduated from Bishop College with a Bachelor of Theology in 1919, and did post-graduate work at Union Theological Seminary, Columbia University, New York.

During his administration more than eighteen hundred two individuals were received into the church.  He divided the church into twelve circles (after the twelve disciples) to bring about closer contact and fellowship among the membership.  The circles came to be known as the Fellowship Council. For most of its active years, the Fellowship Council was under the leadership of Mrs. S. H. Ross.  Antioch received its charter of incorporation in 1929.  The original signatories to this charter were: Mr. Homer E. McCoy, Mrs. Virginia Miller, Mr. Frank Phillips, Dr. B. J. Covington, Mr. H. B. Washington, Mr. William Drake,  Mr. Ray Williams, Mr. J. Alston Atkins, and Mr. Louis Watson, Sr.  Reverend Harrison received a call to the Shiloh Baptist Church in Washington, D. C. in 1930.

© Antioch Missionary Baptist Church